This is a Marathon not a Sprint. . .

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Read CAREFULLY. .

No, not this post…….FOOD LABELS!

Case in point…this morning as I was leaving the house, I proudly and responsibly picked out my breakfast and snacks for today. The only reason I didn't grab lunch…well, there was a Snow emergency yesterday, thus yesterday's lunch was still safely in the fridge at work…..but anyways…… So I grab me a Breakstones Low Fat Cottage Cheese and fruit Double (apple cinnamon—my FAVORITE!!!), a Yoplait Strawberry yogurt, and a 2%Milk Mozzarella cheese stick……I'm feeling awful proud of myself.

So I get to work…and proceed to eat the LF Cottage Cheese and fruit…by the way, I should add here, I HATE cottage cheese. Or at least, I used to. Once on this ride to health, I told myself…YES, told myself…I don't care if you like it or not, there are some things you just can't have and there are somethings you are going to have to like….. Come to find out…I like cottage cheese now. Even plain. But the Breakstone doubles make it ….doubly… better J

Today is "one of those" days for me. Women, you know what I'm talking about. Men, you know to avoid us during those days….. So around 10am, I pull out the yogurt and eat that. As I'm scraping the last little bit out……. I take a good look, a REALLY good look, at the label. First off…this thing is 170 calories…. I usually only report 100-120. Then I see the fat content……..15 freaky grams!!!!!! WT???? Seems I picked up my KIDS' yogurt thinking it was my Yoplait Light. They look the same except for that Light part.

So I'm kicking myself for not paying attention……But then again, isn't that EXACTLY how I got here? By either avoiding or not paying attention. 'Nuf said. It's over. It's done. It's not the end of the world. But tomorrow (and every other day) I know to look at what I'm grabbing to put into my mouth….

No comments:

Post a Comment