This is a Marathon not a Sprint. . .

Monday, March 8, 2010

Too Many Thoughts . .

It took forever to write today. Not because I couldn't think of anything. But rather, I couldn't focus on one thing.

This weekend was … there are so many words that I wanted to use… horrid, awful, depressing, disheartening…. Take your pick.

But then I decided that's exactly what I've done in the past. Concentrated on the hard part and not the long term. I did my last daily weigh in Sunday. And you probably can guess….no loss.

But, today, I can also say…no gain either.

And that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

I'm reading New Rules of Lifting for Women, which is supposedly FABULOUS! I'm going to be integrating this into my Body for Life schedule and combining the two. I've done a lot of research on Schuster and his ideals. I'm pretty impressed so far….and ready to drop the Barbie weights…although I never would have said they were light before….but I'm going feet-first into his start up and integrate in with my cardio. NROL4W advocates not cutting calories except minimally, which ties into my challenge last week. So I'm going to continue to follow that (even though I didn't post a loss)….and see how that works out for me. 1600 calories on non-workout days and 1900 on workout days…..

On week 5 of Couch to 5K this week. Running 5 and 8 minute stretches…. I remember this now. Soon, VERY soon (1 week?) they throw in a 20 minute run. I remember the FIRST time I ever completed it……ELATION! I can't wait to do it again! (and again, and again, and again!)

Remember-----Marathon not Sprint!

No comments:

Post a Comment